Thursday, August 03, 2006

Art, Culture and history

Somewhere along the way I wondered if I had strayed from my own mission for this blog. Then I absolved myself of any guilt by coming to the realization that my mission has always featured education prominently. My creative desires have always been fueled by my by quest for knowledge. History has always been my passionate pursuit. My inclusion of information about great scholars and historians is not tangential but intrinsic to my artistic mission.

I have sat through lectures by Dr. John Henrik Clarke & Professor Runoko Rashidi. The energy that flows from a greater knowledge of the collective African Diaspora infuses my work with confidence. I know that I am part of a continuum of African artistic expression.

Runoko Rashidi's work on the Afro-Asiatic historical connections led me compose the song:
The Lost Tribe .

No comments:

Post a Comment